Thursday, August 6, 2009

Charm Pack Table Topper

A while back I came across this great tutorial for a Charm Pack Table Topper. This tutorial was posted by Sherri of A Quilting Life and can be found here http://aquiltinglife.blogspot.com/search/label/Table%20toppers

I used a simplicity(by moda of course) charm pack for this one. I love the beautiful soft summery colors in it. This is the second charm pack by this line I used, the first one I used in a baby quilt I blogged about. Oh and I bought fat quarters in this line for tisket a tasket blocks.
I LOVE ric rac which is one of the things that really grabbed my attention for this tutorial.
So sweet!

I happened to have some simplicity fat quarters, so this is what I pieced the back with and put the binding on with.
I machine quilted it, as I like to call it, with swirlies and loopedy loo's ;o)
I even got brave and quilted a little heart in each corner.

I have been doing other "little" projects that I will eventually blog about.
Things have been really stressful with trying to get the house ready to sell and I just feel so blessed to have my sewing room to escape to for "therapy"!!



10 comments:

AwtemNymf said...

Hi Thanks for stopping by my blog :O) I love rick rack too :O) That is one lovely table topper! You sew gurl! Hugs!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your tabletopper is lovely! I've never tried incorporating ric rac but
I really like how it looks :^) I think for a lot of us that quilting is a stress reliever and/or therapy!

Sherri said...

I love how your table topper turned out! Simplicity is one of my favorite lines, too...I still have a charm pack and some yardage of it that I'm waiting to use. "Simplicity" also coordinates really well with "Aviary!" Have a great day!

Kimberly said...

Very very nice, and your hearts are lovely! Great job... and the ric rac is so sweet!

I just read that you're with me in Canada... where abouts are you from? I'm in Abbotsford, B.C.

Have a great evening, Kimberly

Jilly's Space said...

Thanks so much ladies, love receiving your comments :o)

Terry said...

Very pretty! I've not ventured into free motion quilting yet but it's next on my list! Enjoy your day! :0)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your table topper is just gorgeous...love the fabric.

Unknown said...

Oh I am a ricrac lover too ! I love that tabletopper , such pretty colours .

Jilly's Space said...

Thank-you and Terry, just take a deep breath and do it!! Fun, fun :o)

Christine said...

Oooh. This is lovely ... Simplicity always looks sensational. Love the ric-rac too.