Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Caught up and a cute little parcel :-)


I have to be honest, I just wasn't "feeling the love" for Block #7 for the Tisket a Tasket BOM. In fact, I skipped right over that one when I was catching up with the blocks. Then yesterday I took on the "dreaded block", lol. As always the challenge is finding the fabrics you want to use, I decided on a green fabric I really love for the basket. I had actually bought this fabric to go with my wonderland bag I made a few months ago. Once I had my little sheep on, I fell in love..even before I added the stiching etc. Then when it was all done, I fell more deeply in love..I think this might be one of my favorite blocks. I mean.....


......who couldn't fall in love with this little cutie <3


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A few weeks ago I made my first Etsy purchase. I ordered 2 charm packs from Sew Deerly Loved a.k.a http://lovelylittlehandmades.blogspot.com/ Kerri has been the inspirational in me loving aqua and red together, she has made so many gorgeous projects using these colors.


Here's a peek.



Who doesn't love little Gnomes, piggies and polk a dots!!




Look at the little guy...some cute, huh?

I'm thinking these charms may be seen in a pinwheel quilt...we shall see ;o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a serious buyer for our house, we'll know today if she accepted our counter offer. It's been very stressful the last few weeks and our lives are in limbo right now. Thank-god for my sewing room, I have been feeling much better the last few days where I have had the opportunity and time to get in here!!!






1 comment:

What Comes Next? said...

Well done with your BOM! It does look very cute, and what's not to love about it? All caught up now - that must be a good feeling. I've only just started my blocks! Fingers crossed that your counter offer is accepted!