Monday, April 27, 2009

Yesterday I made a diaper/wipe tote with some of the same fabrics in Benjamin's quilt. So cute!! This all will be given to my sister this saturday for her baby shower.

So, being a part of my first quilt guild has led me to be involved with my first quilt show. I had four quilts to display. I thought it was so cute that they put Benjamin and Isabella's quilts up together..can we all say awwwwwww ;o) Isabella will get her quilt back this weekend when I travel to attend my sisters baby shower for Benjamin.

Unfortunately I must head off to work. I just want to stay home and sew!!! I have been corrupted by the sewing demons..they whisper to me often, "No, don't clean your house..sew instead" "No, you don't want to go to work, you want to stay home and sew"! ahhh...I must work though, cause I need to by fabric!!!
Have a super awesome week! xo
p.s...I still need one more person to join me in Pay it Forward. See April 19th post for more details :o)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulation! Both of those quilts are just amazing!

Myra said...

Good for you having your quilts in a show! You got me beat there! 8-)

Happy stitchings...when you get a chance! 8-)

Kathy said...

I have been showing off your quilts to my friends! I just love the names on the quilts & really want to try this. Also would love to do the pay if forward, but as you can tell from my blog I am new to all of this & your my only follower at this time. My mama would tell me right now "just be patient, it will grow". Anyway if your okay with me joining in the pif....would love it!

Jilly's Space said...

Thanks Girls!
Kathy, that would be great if you would join me. Even though I starteed blogging a year ago, I just started getting serious with it the last few months. The good thing about PIF is that we have 365 days..so I'm sure you will find your 3 before then!! hehe
Yay..I have my 3. I will contact you and the others soon for your mailing address etc.
oh and the names on the quilt are easy..it's just done with fusible web and then blanket stitched around. I used the fonts out of the Baby Winsome book by Nancy Halvorsen.