Thursday, December 10, 2009

Poochie Bag n' stuff.

I printed off the instructions a few weeks ago for a Poochie Bag by Happy Zombie. http://thehappyzombie.com/pb Tonight is my book club christmas party and we are having a book swap. I knew right away what I would use as my "gift bag". The pattern calls for 3 fat quarters and mine measured smaller than hers so I had to downsize the pattern a bit. I used some christmas fat quarter by Nancy Halvorsen(fave!!) and think it turned out sweet.
I thought while I was at it I would make a bookmark to go with it. Have had the tutorial saved for this easy bookmark for a while from Polka Dot Pineapple. http://mousechirpy-polkadotpineapple.blogspot.com/2009/05/quick-n-easy-fabric-bookmark.html I find she posts such sweet/great tutorials. On hers she has a flower, but since this is christmas I used a little tree :-) p.s...there are pockets on both sides. great to put pens or good things like candy canes like you will see in the last pic ;-)


Here's the book mark all tucked in the book. I liked the star I put in on as this will keep the book mark from sliding down in the book!

All ready for tonight. I think this will the hot item don't ya think ;-)



7 comments:

happy zombie said...

Oh Jillian... it's so cute and I'm so touched. I love how you made the bookmark too... it's like the cherry on top! Thanks for letting me know, you made my day!!! xom

Kimberly said...

You are good to go my friend!
My girls were wanting to make bookmarks for their great grandma for Christmas (what do you give a 94 year old?!?) She still plays the piano daily and we thought bookmarks would be fun for her music... so thanks for the link!
And I LOOOVE your poochie bag! I've made a few of the minis and they're great!
Have a fabulous time at your party, Kimberly

What Comes Next? said...

definitely! Have fun at your party tonight

Jilly's Space said...

Thank-you ladies. Some of them really wanted that bag!! lol

Arlette said...

Love your Poochie bag and especially adore the fabric combo you used. Just beautiful! I also love how you personalized the bookmark for Christmas. Very creative!
Happy Holidays!
Aloha!

Gloria J W said...

Ooohhh Jillian...I want to go to the party and get your surprise!! It all looks so lovely. And now someone has taken it home!!
Rainbow smiles... Gloria

Myra said...

A lovely book-bag and and book-mark! A great gift idea! 8-)