Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Blog Dedicated to Bakerella


Who would of thought that out here in cyber world I would find these amazingly creative ordinarly woman who like to write and post pictures about FOOD!! My favorite topic. I am a married mother of two and was at one time very much into baking sewing etc. But, as life goes, I got busy and didn't have the time or energy(it seemed) to take time and be creative.

So, one day I happened to be home during the day and put on the t.v. Scanning the channels I saw Martha Stewart. Now, let me say I have been telling myself for a while I just needed something or someone to motivate me to get using my creative side again. I always loved to cook and do the little extra for my family and friends. WELL....when I saw those cakepops by Bakerella that day I was inspired!! I went on a bit of a frenzy with baking and let me tell you my pants are a bit tight! I am posting a pic of one of the cake pops I made. I can't wait to have the right tools(styrafoam to hold pops, cookie cutter etc) when I make these again. I just made them egg shaped. My family just loved them!!

Thanks so much Bakerella for awakening the creative side of me that has been asleep for too long!!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Welcome to Blogland! The cake pops are fantastic and your's looked really good (especially for not having all of the tools! Impressed!

Bakerella said...

Wow, great job. Looks like you don't need any help from me. And, congratulations on the blog. I'm honored to be your first post.

Jilly's Space said...

K-Thank-you so much!! I like to sew too, I just need to dig out the sewing maching now : )
Bakerella-That's a great compliment coming from you. I can't wait to make them again!! Thanks again : )