Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Isabella's quilt is DONE!!

Today I had the day off and was able to complete the binding. The only mistake I made about the binding was to think "oh I'll just go and buy the binding when I am ready"...guess what? I went to get some more pink for the binding last night and it was all gone!! So, it was between the blue and the green..I chose the green as it was softer and I wanted to keep it "girlie"
Doing that little swirly tail on the bird was the scariest part! I had to follow the line I drew first with COLORED thread..looks good, just don't look too close..lol.




I even added a label. I printed mine after a few attemps of using the permanent ink pen or whatever you call it. It would either run or I would mess it up somehow. So, I opted to use some printable fabric sheets I had. MUCH neater job. Isabella's Bday is sunday : )





This was my second stippling project and I have to say it was a much better job than my first try. I did have a few bumps in the road along the way, a few times incorporating the thread ripper. Sometimes I felt like a car losing control...lol..seriously I would be motoring along and new I was off course and I was going to crash somehow..but I always got myself on track. Great way to learn..trial and error. Overall I am so happy with it. This quilt makes me smile. I can just see her little finger pointing to the flowers and the bird.


OH....and big blog excitement. Crazymomquilts commented on my blog today...can you say I was so excited!! I obsessively check her blog everyday, she is so amazingly talented and so inspiring. Thanks again Amanda Jean : )



5 comments:

Kellie said...

Well done Jill! It looks beautiful! I am absolutely sure that Isabella & her mum will love it!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Awesome! you got it done ahead of time! It looks fabulous Jill :^)

Isabella will love it cos her Aunt made it specially for her :^)

So what project is next? LOL

GailM. said...

What sweet. I love that it has Isabella's name on it and it's so springy. I love the bird and her little swirly tail. Sweet. I'm a snowbird quilter from Fredericton. I found you on Blogging Quilters.

Jilly's Space said...

Thanks ladies!!
QGB--I am already at my next project, just posted!
Gail!! you are from my home town. I'm going to check out your blog. Too cool : )

Jodi Nelson said...

Fabulous! It looks great! ooxx`jod