Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jellyroll's and cute little stockings

I am in the midst of sewing my very first Jellyroll quilt. It's going to be a lap size and I am planning on giving it to my mother and father in law for christmas. I wasn't sure about the prints, but boy, once it was sewn all together it's lovely! I still have to go get more fabric to sew on the border.

I am also making these cute little stockings. There are 4 more to be made and they will go on once of my christmas trees this year.

I am hoping to convince my husband to buy me a new sewing machine. I really need one and now that I am getting into quilting, i want to be able to machine quilt and I cannot on my old kenmore : ( I have researched a bit and have my site set on a Janome. There is a dealer about an hour from here and I am going to go there and see what is available that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!



2 comments:

The Demanding Doll said...

Beautiful colors. I'm sure your in-laws will be thrilled. And your stockings are too cute. They look like a Nancy Halvorsen pattern??

I have a Janome 8000. Bought it new about 12 or 13 years ago. Of course, the 9000 came out right after. :) My sister has the newest one and loves it. Sometimes I think about upgrading but this one has run so well that I can't bring myself to trade it in. They are wonderful machines and worth every penny.

Jilly's Space said...

oh wow...I was so excited to see a comment on my blog..lol. I was thinking I was just blogging to myself ;o)
Thanks for your nice comments. I can't wait to get a new sewing machine! I wish the dealer was closer, they are an hour away. I was supposed to go today, but had to work : (
oh and yes, you are correct..it's a Nancy pattern : )